Jim Jones (http://linkedin.com/in/jimxlat) is currently available.
(Short-term ok, even a few hours ok at this time)
1. Technical editing (MS Word, Open Office, Flare Topics/Content)
2. Editing, Copy editing, and Editing for publication (articles for journals, magazines, and books, and copy for Web)
3. Also will help with MadCap Flare, Lingo and Mimic
4. Translation and Localization (L10N), and for
Web (Tools: MadCap Lingo
· Chinese to English General and Technical
· German to English General and Technical
· Spanish to English General and Technical
Also looking for movie and video script translation work, for Hollywood, for non-US producers, or for the business / academic / government worlds.
Interested in voice-over work; Voice sample .mp3 files available.
5. Also seeking Cartooning and Illustration opportunities.
6. Will consult with firms as to the ‘look and feel’ of documentation products.
7. Mandarin Coaching, other teaching, and assistance with course planning and teaching materials (Twitter: @han4yu3; Mandarin accent: standard mild Beijing. Have spoken the language very well for nearly 30 years. Native language is English of the US Midwest).
Will perform similar assistance for spoken English and for ESL.
Will prepare recordings for language laboratories, for language and ESL programs, and for presentations and software demos and tutorials.
Will work with such facilities in order to
develop appropriate materials.
Award Winning Senior Member of the Society for Technical Communication (STC). Participated as a publications judge at both levels.
Online Resume: http://zxlat.translatorscafe.com, Link to Mandarin voice sample on same page. Small illustrations on that same page.
Linguistics degree candidate.